Mission Statement: "To support and promote the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce and its membership."
What Is A Diplomat?
A Diplomat is a motivated, enthusiastic and articulate business person who serves as the backbone of the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce’s Pillars of Success. They represent the Chamber at many civic and social functions.
They assist in the promotion, volunteer support and development of various Chamber sponsored events. A Diplomat’s dedication, time and efforts are appreciated and highly valued by the Board of Directors, Chamber Staff and Membership.
JOIN OUR NEXT MEETING!
2nd Thursday of each month
15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville
- Showing support by attending ribbon cuttings or ground breaking ceremonies and welcoming new members
- Attending, or volunteering, at Mixers, Luncheons and other special events hosted by the Chamber and their members. This also includes involvement with GHCCC committees.
- Referring prospects to the Membership Representative. Point credit is given when the business referred becomes a new member.
- Donating auction items or door prizes for Chamber special events, as needed
- Personally network for your fellow Chamber members by verbally promoting their goods and services to other members, as well as to potential members and continually provide leads and information about new businesses in the community.
- When you become a DIPLOMAT, you are committing to conducting yourself in a manner that generates community trust and confidence in the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce. You will personally promote high standards, ethics and integrity.
Diplomats must excel in their efforts to achieve the prominence they feel is vitally important for our Chamber. To reach this level of achievement, their goals include:
- Increasing the awareness of the Diplomats in the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce
- Increasing the awareness of the Diplomats in Hernando County and surrounding communities
- Build a strong membership program within the Chamber
- Bring in new members and help them build their circle of influencial relationships
- Involve, inform and retain existing members of the Chamber
- Approach the responsibilities of being a Diplomat with enthusiasm and a strong positive attitude
How Do I Become A Diplomat?
Potential Diplomats must submit a completed application and a check for $10 for their Diplomat name badge. A candidate must have been a Member of the
Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce for a minimum of three (3) months prior to being accepted as a Diplomat. They must also attend three (3) Diplomat monthly meetings.
They will then be presented to the Chamber Board for review and approval. A current Diplomat (mentor) will be assigned to assist the new Diplomat to ensure successful integration into the committee. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your contact list, get involved in the community and grow your business while representing the
largest business and oldest networking organization in Hernando County.