Although some are born leaders, most men and women of accomplishment are quick to acknowledge that they reached their full potential because of the valuable insight and inspiration of proven leaders. To be the best in your chosen profession- whether in the military, government, healthcare, public service or private sector- its essential to witness firsthand the powerful examples set by acknowledged experts for those who follow.
Leadership Hernando, the largest community leadership program in Hernando County, creates opportunities to observe, interact and learn from public, private and civic leaders across the county.
Since 1992, the mission of Leadership Hernando has been to encourage, develop and provide leadership for our community.
Twenty (20) participants are selected annually to complete eleven (11) all day sessions. To date, Leadership Hernando has graduated over 500 Leaders!
Everything! As long as making yourself more valuable to your company and to your community is important to you! Leadership Hernando provide more than an education, it helps cultivate your relationships.
Why Leadership Hernando? What's In It for Me?
- Builds both business and personal contacts
- Provides proven learning tools for business and community leaders
- For newcomers to the community, it is a quick and complete orientation of Hernando County
- Get connected and engaged!
- High energy learning through hands-on experience
- Classes are efficiently organized and professionally facilitated
- Increases your community exposure and awareness
What's In It for My Company?
Your company will benefit from a proven developmental program that helps expand your scope and reach.
- Creates opportunities to market your company
- Develops your employees and improves retention
- Leadership Hernando is often used as a recruiting tool, and as a vehicle for on-going professional training.
Class of 2016
Who Attends Leadership Hernando?
The Application Process
Applications for Leadership Hernando are available February through May of each year. The Committee interviews applicants in the month of May each year and selects only twenty (20) participants to embark on the six-month Leadership Hernando adventure. Since the number of appointments to Leadership Hernando is limited, applicants not selected are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years.
Networking with Business Leaders
Behind the Scenes Look of Our Business Community
Building Business Relationships
Building Long Lasting Friendships